You want your kids to be organized. But you need it to be easy and fast and fun! It’s important for children to manage their own things. By giving them responsibility for their toys, clothes, and rooms you teach them essential life skills. You can use these tips to make your life easier and your kids more organized.
Here are ten tips to organize your kid’s bedroom.
- Every child should have their own hamper and a wastebasket.
- Provide a place for homework by having a workspace with good lighting, supplies, and storage for books.
- Provide each child with a place for special things they want to keep, like a memory box.
- Only keep clothing that fits right now hung in the closet and housed in the drawers.
- Separate types of clothes into drawers for easy put-away.
- Label and call those drawers by name to build communication.
- Place a donation or hand-me-down box on the floor of the closet for the clothing that no longer fits.
- Hang clothes at their level so they can reach them or hang hooks for easier hanging.
- Cull kids’ clothing (and toys) regularly.
- Build a sense of ownership by giving children their own space and the responsibility to maintain it.
For more information, contact Janet Schiesl