President’s Message: What a Year!
NAPO-WDC chapter members recently gathered to celebrate our 2011-2012 chapter year. It was a fun evening honoring all those who stepped forward and offered their time and talents to benefit the chapter. So many people to thank – I won’t mention them all in fear that I will forget someone, but I do want to congratulate a few of our outstanding members.
First, I want to honor the winner of the NAPO-WDC Professional Organizer of the Year award, Maria White. Maria collected almost 5,000 pairs of shoes for Soles4Souls, getting the whole chapter and many local businesses involved.
Second, Heather Cocozza was voted by the membership as NAPO-WDC Volunteer of the Year. Heather participates in a leadership role in many chapter activities like BCPO chapter liaison, chapter blog poster, Ask the Expert facilitator and leader of the ever-popular Alexandria/Arlington Neighborhood Group.
We had so many people get involved this year, which strengthened our chapter and its ability to offer education and support to our membership. If you missed the list of our accomplishments at the party, here it is:
- 10 Enthusiastic new members, for a total of 102 members to date.
- 94 Posts to date on NAPO-WDCs Informative new chapter blog.
- 6 New Corporate Partners, with a total of 14 Great Corporate Partners to date.
- 112 Excited people attended the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference for Professional Organizers.
- 26 Remarkable chapter members and Corporate Partners participated in our GO Month project at A Wider Circle.
- 60 Passionate chapter members attended the NAPO conference in Baltimore.
- 9 years of educational conference recordings with over 450 individual seminars available.
- 8 Incredible Quantum Leap trainers in the chapter.
- 15 Tremendous CPOs in the chapter.
- 3 Neighborhood groups that offer awesome direction and friendship.
- 1 Fabulous book club.
- 8 Dynamic speakers who spoke at chapter meetings.
- 42 Golden Circle members who graciously gave advice at the Ask the Expert tables.
- 14 Energized members attended the new member brunch.
Of course, we’ve just gotten started. Our chapter year doesn’t end until the September 30th. But, with our upcoming summer break around the corner, the timing seemed appropriate to look back on our year.
We still have our “Favorite Things” June meeting scheduled along with a new activity – A White Elephant Sale. Over the summer the NAPO-WDC board of directors will be planning the 2012-2013 chapter year and look forward to starting off strong in September. Don’t worry; you’ll be hearing a lot from us in the interim. Registration for MARCPO (Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference for Professional Organizers) starts in June and don’t miss out on the early bird special pricing over the summer. Book club members will be meeting for the fiction book read in July, and of course, the neighborhood groups will get together. There is always something to do within NAPO-WDC.
If I don’t get a chance at the June meeting, I want to thank you for being a part of a great year for the chapter. Have a wonderfully successful summer and I look forward to seeing you again in the 2012-2013 chapter year.
If you’d like to contact our President, you can email her at email@example.com.