Working With An Organizer
Curious about the process? Here is some information about hiring and working with a professional organizer.
What should I think about before calling for help?
To determine what is right for you and your situation, ask yourself these questions. You may not know the answers yet, but organizers you contact can help you determine the answers –
- If organizing is a means to an end, what is the end you want to reach?
- What areas are causing the biggest obstacles in the way of your goals?
- Is the disorganization chronic – you try, but standard systems don’t work for you?
- Is the lack of order unusual – due to a life-changing event?
- Is most of the problem due to things that are two-dimensional — papers, magazines and books?
- Is it three-dimensional things – clothes, toys, videos, kitchen gear, etc.?
- Do you need overall space planning and a storage layout structure plan first?
- Do you need hands-on help working through every step of the process?
- Do you need ongoing telephone coaching for time management?
- Do you have ADD?
Stay tuned for more information!