The NAPO-WDC 2013-2014 membership drive is now on! We are excited to share our new program year with you and help your business grow with chapter benefits and opportunities to be involved and connected with fellow organizers.
Log in to the NAPO-WDC website to renew your membership for the 2013-2014 membership year, which runs from October 1st, 2013 to September 30th, 2014. Annual membership in NAPO-WDC remains a great value at $165 and is a solid investment in your business. Renewals received after September 30th will incur a late fee of $25.
Visit the “Members Only” section of NAPO-WDC website to find the renewal link. As a reminder, your NAPO National membership must be active in order to continue membership in NAPO-WDC. You will need your NAPO National ID number to log in and renew. Contact the NAPO-WDC Director of Communications and Technology, Penny Catterall (email@example.com), if you require assistance with your log in or password.
Please review your member information for completeness and add any updates or changes to your database listing. Please share information on related professional certifications and affiliations. This information will enhance our membership by recognizing individuals in our chapter with unique expertise, and allow for better information sharing among members.
As an option, sign-up for an Enhanced Listing when you renew. The Enhanced Listing will appear on the Find an Organizer section of NAPO-WDC’s website to make your business profile stand out. Enhanced listings are an additional $50. Select the box in the “Upgrade to an Enhanced Listing” section of the renewal form.
Enhanced listings include:
- Your photo
- Your entire listing displayed with no click through necessary
NAPO-WDC Membership Benefits
The benefits of membership in NAPO-WDC include opportunities to network with other professionals, educational programs on organizing topics, and a variety of professional resources and services aimed at business growth and development. NAPO-WDC is committed to providing our members with strong programming around the areas of professional development, organizational skills, and personal growth. In addition to our chapter meeting program schedule for the 2013-2014 membership year, NAPO-WDC offers participation in neighborhood groups, a CPO study group and hosts a new member brunch later in the year. NAPO-WDC is also planning MARCPO in October, GO Month in January and chapter marketing activities during winter and spring months.
Benefits of Membership include:
Membership in NAPO-WDC increases your professional credibility in the industry. NAPO-WDC also offers educational opportunities to help you become more efficient, knowledgeable, and competitive:
- Free admission to all (10) chapter monthly educational meetings (Oct-Jun).
- NAPO-WDC sponsored conference (MARCPO) providing educational sessions on many topics (Oct 19, 2013).
- Ask the Expert Q&A session at meetings offering professional support.
- Access to member-reviewed organizing book list.
NAPO-WDC provides resources and services geared toward your professional growth and development:
- CD recordings from previous NAPO, NAPO-WDC and ICD conferences available to borrow from the chapter lending library.
- NAPO Neighborhood group meetings held monthly (Arlington/Alexandria-VA; Rockville Pike-MD).
- Book Share program via Yahoo group.
- Media exposure through NAPO-WDC chapter promotions, print, and electronic media.
- Online organizer referral network to generate business leads and connections with new clients.
- Unique “Members Only” section for additional chapter resources.
- Participation in the NAPO-WDC Yahoo Discussion Group offering vendor referrals and job leads.
- Access to chapter Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts.
- Access to chapter public relations and cooperative marketing efforts.
NAPO-WDC recognizes the importance of being able to interact with and learn from the leaders in the organizing industry:
- Meet and utilize our Corporate Partners to learn about the local organizing products and services they offer and how they can benefit your clients.
- Take advantage of volunteer opportunities that provide experience, exposure, and promote the organizing industry.
- Enhanced membership identification for Golden Circle members, Certified Professional Organizers®, and NAPO-WDC Award Winners.
- Your business web site linked to the chapter web site (www.dcorganizers.org).
- Access to chapter membership database for connections to organizers working in specialty areas.
- Small group interaction with fellow organizers at monthly NAPO neighborhood groups.
- Leadership opportunities through committee positions, board positions, and project and event coordination.