A Team Approach to Selling a Home:
Getting Referred Business from Stagers and REALTORS®
The ReadyStageMove™ team, — Jean Marie Herron, Professional Organizer, Maria Rini, REALTOR® and Bernadette Flaim, Accredited Home Stager, were guest speakers at the recent NAPO-WDC chapter meeting.
Whether you are new to organizing or would like to take your business to the next level, this workshop covers what it takes to work with real estate agents and stagers. It also explains how to formulate strategic partnerships and the basics of working by referral.
Below are some of the tips and recommendations they shared to help you find the “perfect” strategic partners.
How do I find a REALTOR®?
When searching for a real estate agent to join your partnership, we encourage you to interview and vet those agents who are open or understand the concept of a team approach to selling a home. Some ways to identify potential REALTOR® partners include:
- Do I know someone who recently sold a home who can recommend their REALTOR®?
- Go on the Internet and see who is selling houses in your geographical area.
- Visit open houses.
- Network, network, network.
IMPORTANT: Offer to do a presentation at a local real estate office or at a local Board of REALTORS®. Stay in touch with your database by asking for their referral to a REALTOR®. Do you see how networking might help your business in more ways than one?
How do I find a stager?
Teaming up with a stager will offer your clients the expertise necessary to properly package and present the home after the organizing is complete. Here are some ways to find a stager that is the perfect fit for your triad:
- Research association websites like the Real Estate Staging Association or any of the staging designation websites
- Call your local real estate offices and ask for a stager referral
- Look at real estate listings online and contact the listing agent of a “staged” home
- Use Google
How do you take it to the next level?
Once you have identified your strategic partners, here are some things you can do to take your “team approach” to the next level.
- Collaborate on projects together (before/after book; resource list; co-sponsor an event, etc.)
- Cross-endorsement for each other
- Start a mastermind
- Pay it Forward – do nice things for your resource and referral relationships
Key Ingredients To Develop Strategic Partnerships
In order to develop effective strategic partnerships, you will need to “decide to decide.” Make a decision to be part of a team and then to be a good team partner. Some key ingredients that work best are:
- Develop an effective strategy to work by referral (high-quality leads with less effort)
- Build, sort and qualify your database (sphere of influence, friends/family, social circles, business relationships, online networks)
- Decide to be “relational” (trust, value, top-of-mind)
- Surround yourself with a team of productive people
The ReadyStageMove™ team brings 40 years of experience to the real estate, organizing and staging industries. They have mastered a systematic way to de-stress clients who want to sell their homes with the most profit and a quick turnaround time. The efficient methods employed in selling, organizing and staging is a packaged product the three of them have learned as a skill set and utilize in each and every sale they work together on.
Maria Rini is a Broker-Associate with RE/MAX Real Estate Ltd. in Oradell, New Jersey. She has been helping people sell homes since 1994 and works with her husband and partner, Richard Gneiding. She specializes in residential properties and has been collaborating with home stagers and professional organizers since 2005. Maria is a Graduate Realtor Institute, Certified Residential Specialist, Member of the New Jersey Association of Realtors Distinguished Sales Club and the RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
Jean Marie Herron is a professional organizer and the owner of POSSE Partners, LLC. Since 2005 POSSE has been specializing in residential organizing with private clients. Additionally, she publicly and privately presents “Clutter Corrals™”, workshops and classes on many domestic organizing topics. She is a Golden Circle Member of NAPO and the Director of Professional Development and Programming for NAPO-Northern New Jersey.
Bernadette Flaim is founder and Principal Designer of The Flaim Group LLC. She has been in the home staging and interior redesign industry since 2004 and is an accredited and certified home staging professional and RESA-PRO, specializing in vacant properties and luxury homes. She also provides interior redesign services to her clients, including one-day room makeovers and color consultations. Bernadette is President of the Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) – NJ Chapter.